Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Accomplished: Second Care Package - Halloween Themed!

Second Care Package: Halloweensent 10/11/12

This care package was so much fun!!
 Mister has made it very clear that he doesn't want a lot of 'junk' that he is going to have to get rid of or send home when the deployment is over, and he is trying to eat healthier, so he doesn't want a lot of junk food either. I will admit that this makes it very difficult to fill care packages, so I have to be extra creative, and i end up with a lot of extra room that I would love to fill up with snacks and cute stuff. Maybe eventually I'll just say too bad and send things anyway... If he doesn't want them, maybe someone else will, and he'll know I'm trying to keep him happy.
So, onto the candy-less contents of the Halloween box:
- He asked for these Tide Pods because that way he wouldn't have to lug detergent to the laundry area, he could just drop a tab in his laundry bag and dump the whole thing in.  They aren't very Halloween-y though so I thought it would be a good idea to make them a little more.. 'spooky'


- This isn't actually Super Scary Halloween Stories, It's the third of the three WWII books I bought him... I just wanted to keep with the theme!

- He didn't ask for them, but I have seen a lot of people recommend them for care packages, and what better way to Halloween the contents then to add a pumpkin?

And 'candy corn'
 
There were a couple other personal items, but that's about the gist of it. Hope he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment