Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My List of Future Accomplishments

Since my Mister deployed, I have come up with quite a few ideas for how to keep busy, as well as some things that I want to do for him while he is gone. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the 101 in 1001 project idea, but I first came across it in 2009 and promptly made myself a list. Basically, you make a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, and as you complete each item you cross it off the list. Now, back then I was even less motivated than I am now, so I didn't get far on my list before I lost it, and then just gave up on the whole idea.

My Mister will be gone for about 9 months which equals to about 274 days, and while I may feel like I have a laundry list of things I want to do, when I write it down it turns out to be pretty short. Well, short enough to accomplish in around 9 months.

So, without further ado:

Keeping Busy:

1. Attend FRG meetings when possible
2. Bring clothes to Platos Closet, Once Upon a Child, or Goodwill
3. Do at least one lesson for school a day.
4. Help my sister get her website up and running Success!

Feeding My Inner Interior Decorator:

5. Paint the closets: Master Bedroom, Caden's room, Bathroom, hall closet, front closet
6. Decide on paint colors and general 'themes' for rooms:
Master Bedroom:
Cadens Room:
Dining Room:
Living Room:
Bathroom:
Kitchen:
7. Paint every room: Master bedroom, Cadens room, Dining Room, Living Room, Bathroom, Kitchen

Craftyness:

8. Make bedding for the Master Bedroom
9. Pillows or pillow covers for the livingroom couch
10. Make some kind of countdown to count the days until Chaz gets home [Completed 10/25/12]
11. Finish making storage bins out of diaper boxes

For My Soldier:

12. Send one care package for each holiday Chaz isn't home for: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New years, Valentines Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, Fathers Day.
13. Send one care package a month
14. Plan an awesome homecoming

For the House:

15. General Declutter - Donate or trash
16. Hang blinds in the Master Bedroom
17. Create a household binder
18. Get organized and stay organized

For Me:


19. Blog at least once a week
20. Make an appointment to get contacts
21. Put Little Mister in daycare at least once a month for a 'Mommy Day'
22. Work out, Gym or home, doesn't matter

For the Baby:

23. Enroll in CYS for Hourly Daycare
24. Swap out the crib rail for a toddler bed
25. Start potty training

Finances

26. Get at least $1000 into savings for emergencies
27. Pay off as much debt as possible
28. Spend less on groceries - save the extra for a 'rainy day'

So there it is. That rounds out to about one thing every ten days? I see no reason why that shouldn't be doable. I'll do my best to photograph the items that are photograph-able and post them on here so you all can see my progress!I look forward to sharing my accomplishments with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment